Wednesday 18 May 2011

Just a little realisation

WARNING: The following text contains soppy mumming ramblings about being proud, excited, "they grow up to quickly" etc.

Seriously though, they do. I could have sworn it was just yesterday i was grunting and groaning starkers naked in front of a rather large audience to deliver my beautiful little princess. Yet today, i am puliing down cot sides to make room for "toddler rails". Today, i watched my litle girl eat dinner by herself and proclaim to me "Yummy! Num num din" . Today, i got a back rub when i asked princess for one.

-Quick side note, why does it seem she understands everything i say except for the things i REALLY want her to understand i.e. "Please, no don't take the cat in the bath.. aw too late"-

Anywho, back to what i was saying, time is getting ahead of me. I was asked recently the age of princess and had to stop myself at saying 15 months when i realised , wait no, she is 17 months old now. Getting closer to 2, that scares me.

What doesn't scare me however, and more pleases me, is hearing from a number of people that my daughter is advanced for her age, her REAL age after i have corrected myself. Now i don't know, I don't have other children to compare to... (for now). Is it perhaps something other people say to make you feel good? Or have i gone and bred myself a genious baby? Maybe i should be putting my other genious eggs to good use while they are still ripe. Not sure, will have to take it to hubby and get back to you on that one.

Proud mummy blog complete. I will be sure to have come off my high by my next blog, where i can go back to whinging about another coffee gone cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment