Thursday 19 May 2011

Giant parenting fail on my part *sigh*

So princess had her first night in the cot with the toddler rail on last night. For the most part it went well, she stayed in bed, slept all night, all the good stuff you would hope for. Until this morning. Expecting her to come into me when she woke up, I didn't set an alarm, just waited for my snotty wake up kiss and nose honking. Instead I woke up to a childs cd player being thrown on my head, and a bright eyed child who had clearly been awake for a while. Do I dare get up to inspect the damage?

Fail one, was me expecting her to come into me. How bloody stupid. I can only imagine , her running the halls of the house with all the freedom in the world singing "I'm walking on sunshine" ( if she could sing) .

Fail two, was not shutting doors, she had free run of the entire house. That includes the bathroom. So I get up and the bedroom is not too bad except for the cd player next to my pillow. Walk out, OH FUCK . Powder foundation Everywhere. An entire bottle, the stuff was over priced to begin with and now instead of being on my face it's on the toilet seat, the lounges, AND the cat.

Giant mummy fail on my part, i say, as I wander off to the shops to invest in even more childproofing latches etc. Or I could just not be a fricken idiot and keep the doors shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment